UK Commercial Banner  
home about_uib expertise global_reach services newsroom links contatc


  Most businesses have a need for some form of Engineering cover or service. These generally fall into the following categories:

Stephen Palles-Clark
Executive Director


Inspection of plant – Insurers have a panel of engineers who are “competent” to carry out inspections compliant with the Health & Safety regulations and recommendations set out under the appropriate legislation, requiring periodic inspection of pressure and lifting plant. These also extend to Written Schemes of Examination, Electrical inspections and the like.

Breakdown – Insurance is taken out to cover the breakdown of plant, either for specified plant as per a schedule or all plant. Loss of revenue can also be covered.

Hired in Plant – the standard CPA condition of hire make it the responsibility of the party hiring the plant to insure it – not only for damage but also - continuing hire charges.

Plant movement – plant being loaded, in transit and unloaded can be covered under such a policy.

Computers – whilst computers can be covered under a commercial or office combined policy the cover under a separate computer policy can be wider and include breakdown as well as other extensions. As the material damage cover is wider it follows that cover for the costs of interruption following such damage are also wider.

  Terms and conditions of use © Copyright of UIB Group